Student placement opportunities
- Thursday, June 22, 2023 - 12:00 PM
Are you a student looking for a placement opportunity? Would you like to contribute to an innovative, first-of-its-kind project focused on making a difference for children’s mental health in primary schools?
Mental Health in Primary Schools (MHiPS) places an experienced educator in primary schools and delivers an evidenced-based training program to help build the capacity of primary schools to identify and support student mental health and wellbeing.
The Centre for Community Child Health at Murdoch Children’s Research Institute (MCRI) is leading the evaluation of MHiPS as it expands to every government and low-fee non-government funded school in Victoria. MHiPS will undertake data collection with parents and school staff using online surveys during terms 3 and 4 of 2023.
Several student placement roles are now available with MHiPS to assist with:
- participant contact and follow up and/or school recruitment—primarily via telephone and email contact using existing protocols
- locating participants who have been lost to follow-up, following up existing schools using existing protocols
- preparation of postal surveys and mail-outs
- other administrative tasks
- data entry and database management.
A commitment to regular weekly shifts as follows: minimum 2 days per week for 3 months during school terms 3 and 4, 2023.
Full training and supervision will be provided. Please contact Nicole Biggs, Data collection coordinator, Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org to share your interest in a student placement or for more information.
Mental Health in Primary Schools (MHiPS) is a collaboration between researchers and academics at the Centre for Community Child Health, Murdoch Children’s Research Institute and Melbourne Graduate School of Education, University of Melbourne in partnership with the Victorian Department of Education.