Mental Health in Primary Schools (MHiPS): A state-wide initiative to increase the capacity of schools to support children's health and wellbeing
- Monday, October 23, 2023 - 12:00 PM
The Grand Rounds Seminar Series is jointly sponsored by The University of Melbourne Department of Paediatrics, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute (MCRI) and The Royal Children's Hospital. It is the flagship educational meeting of The Royal Children's Hospital campus, and takes place each week at lunchtime on Wednesdays.
As part of the MCRI Population Health Showcase, the Mental Health in Primary Schools (MHiPS) team presented at the June 2023 Grand Rounds. The team outlined the development and evolution of MHiPS over the past 3 years, from a trial in 10 schools to the current state-wide rollout in Victoria. Findings from the evaluation of the 100-school MHiPS pilot were also presented.
- Professor Sharon Goldfeld – Director of the Centre for Community Child Health and Theme Director, Population Health, MCRI
- Professor Frank Oberklaid – Paediatrician and Co-Group Leader, Policy & Equity, MCRI
- Dr Simone Darling – Senior Research Fellow and Program Manager, MCRI
- Ms Rachel Smith – Research Manager, MCRI
- Dr Georgia Dawson – Research Fellow and Training Lead, University of Melbourne
- A/Prof Jon Quach – Learning Intervention, University of Melbourne