MHiPS is hiring
- Tuesday, May 16, 2023 - 12:00 PM
New opportunity to join MHiPS and contribute to enhancing children’s mental health. Get in quick, applications close 02 June 2023.
Senior Research Officer / Research Fellow
We are looking for a Senior Research Officer/Research Fellow to join our team!
This position offers an exciting opportunity to advance a research career in mental health prevention and early intervention with a focus on innovative, school-based approaches. We seek a post-doctoral researcher to develop and lead a research program using data from the Mental Health in Primary Schools (MHiPS) initiative.
MHiPS was developed and is being delivered by the Policy & Equity Group (Mental Health Research & Policy) at MCRI in partnership with the Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE). It is supported by the Victorian Department of Education and has received philanthropic funding.
MHiPS was designed to build the capability and capacity of Victorian primary schools to better support student mental health and wellbeing. The MHiPS initiative places a new Mental Health and Wellbeing Leader (MHWL) role in Victorian primary schools; this MHWL role is supported by a structured training program, delivered by MGSE. The MHWL and accompanying training (“the MHWL model”) is designed to increase support for teachers to address the mental health needs of students and build teacher confidence and skills in this area. The initiative commenced with a pilot (2020-2022), which has undergone comprehensive evaluation. Statewide expansion commenced in 2023.
Your responsibilities include:
- Producing quality conference presentations, seminar papers and publications, such as peer reviewed journal articles, arising from scholarship and research
- Providing effective supervision of honours or postgraduate research projects and supervise or co-supervise Research Higher Degree and Honours students
- Participating in community and professional activities related to the relevant disciplinary area including attendance and presentations at conferences and seminars
- Sourcing and applying for funding to support ongoing research-related activities associated with the MHiPS initiative
- PhD in relevant area or equivalent professional qualification
- Demonstrated track record of working on school-based projects or with young people
- Demonstrated ability to expertly apply research methodologies and quantitative/qualitative data analyses
- (Desired) Experience in supervision of higher degree and post-doctoral research studies
- (Desired) Research experience in population surveys
To be considered, applicants should submit:
- Cover letter
- Responses to ‘selection criteria’ via the position description
For more information, please refer to the position description. Any specific questions related to this position should be directed to Rachel Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 02 June 2023